Saturday, January 16, 2010

Memorial Church - Grand Pre, NS





This layout used our CTMH Veranda Level 2 paper pack and pattern from Cherish. It's pretty basic and uses only the papers and MyStickease with the addition of a layered Spring Blossom flower on the left page. If you don't know the history of Grand Pre the MyStickease sentiment may seem out of place but it is truly fitting for the Acadians struggles.

I didn't include any jounalling on this page as I have a series of shots and will be doing many more pages for this area. This was my first trip to Nova Scotia and I took almost 1000 pics - 600 of which are scrapable! One of the things I try to photograph when visiting a place is any descriptive or information plaques. You can see a shot of one on the bottom left corner. It makes it so much easier to scrap later when memories of who and what are fading. I generally remember the feelings and events as opposed to the specifics of the place. Makes it so I have to do less journalling too! One of my goals for scrapbooking is to do more personal writing in my pages.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice layout! I am originally from NS, your photos make me homesick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fiancee is from Halifax. We are planning on moving back there as I've absolutely fallen in love with the province. It reminds me of Alberta when I was a kid - lots of trees!

    Where are you from originally?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts! I'm originally from NS as well, born in Halifax! Great little city!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think.