Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Halloween Project #2

So do all you little ghosts and goblins remember the hint from last night? I believe it was a chocolate bar renamed for Halloween to "Coffin Crisp". Are you ready for project #2? Have a "Boo" at this:
Everything was cut using my Cricut and the CTMH Artiste Cartridge - easy peasy!! 
All the pieces are on page 76 of the handbook.

I cut the coffin top and bottom at 7.5 inches out of black cardstock then cut the coffin top a second time out of last years Halloween B&T paper at 7 inches. I bent the flaps back and forth to get a good crease and then tore off the side pieces to make the inlay on the top of the coffin. I left the rough torn edges as is to give it the aged look.


Both the tombstone and RIP overlay and the skeleton were also cut at 7.5 inches. I distressed the edges overlay with black ink and lightly pounced the sponge all over the creamy colored piece again to give it the aged look. I used a ton of pop dots to lift it off the base. The skeleton was also edged in black and adhered to the side of the tombstone with glue dots. The little ghost is the only non-CTMH addition simply because hes so cute!


I adhered the tombstone assembly to the coffin so that I didn't have to make a stand. This makes the top of the coffin not quite fit but who wants it closed where there are such yummy goodies inside! The last thing I cut was another 2 tombstones for the tag. The grey one was cut at 3.5 inches and the orange at 3 inches. Of course, I used the August SOTM to put the "deadly" message on the tag. A bit of orange ribbon holds the CTMH black Tulle Ribbon on the tag which I adhered with a glue dot to an snipping of our Black Striped Grosgrain ribbon.
Go ahead.....reach in and get a chocolate.....if you dare!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.